1. The PPARG2 gene controls the expression of genes involved in:A. Adipocyte differentiation B. Fatty acid and glucose metabolism C. Inflammatory processes D. The PPARG2 gene controls the expression of genes involved in all of the above
2. The -174G > C polymorphism has been shown to influence the transcriptional regulation and plasma levels of the pro-inflammatory cytokine IL-6.A. True B. False
3. Intervention studies have reported all of the following associations of the C allele, except for:A. Lower weight reduction in individuals with high cardiovascular risk. B. Protection against weight regain in obese individuals. C. Improvement in the ability to maintain weight in the presence of the Pro12Ala Ala allele. D. Induced resistance to weight loss in morbidly obese individuals after laparoscopic gastric banding.
4. Ala carriers that consumed extra virgin olive oil with or without DieTBra had a greater reduction in _____, than did ProPro homozygotes.A. Fat-free mass B. Lean mass C. Percent of body fat D. All of the above E. None of the above
5. Adipose tissue inflammation seems to have a dominant role in the development of sarcopenia, eventually leading to skeletal muscle inflammation and dysfunction, and obesity is considered a low-grade chronic inflammatory state.A. True B. False
6. Nutrigenomic studies with short-term and sustained olive oil consumption have shown:A. Up-regulation of genes related to an anti-inflammatory profile B. Down-regulation of genes related to inflammation C. Nutrigenomic studies have shown both up-regulation of genes related to an anti-inflammatory profile and the down-regulation of genes related to inflammation D. None of the above
Copyright © 2019 Dietitian CE
Visit us at https://www.dietitiance.com