This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 2.00 CPEUs (2.00 CPEUs for Florida licenses)
Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) - Provider #21328, Activity #135655 approved for 2.00 CPEUs.
CEU Course Description
Increased rates of breast cancer survivorship bring with them potential health challenges, including recurrence, related to a previous breast cancer and development of a second primary cancer, a new cancer with a different histology than a previous tumor. This CEU course compares the prevalence estimated of behavioral risk factors and preventive practices, including cancer screening, for female breast cancer survivors, female survivors of other types of cancer, and women with no history of cancer.
Article Author: Sherri Homan, R.N., F.N.P., Ph.D., et al.
Exam writer: Tiev LaGuire, M.S.
Brooke H. Dekofsky, MPH, RD, CLE, CDE was involved in the creation of this course.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss what breast cancer recurrence and development of second primary cancers are affected by.
2. Investigate which screening exam breast cancer survivors are significantly more likely to have.
3. Examine the association between breast cancer survivors and physical activity.
4. Elucidate the recommendations made by the American Society of Clinical Oncology for when female breast cancer survivors treated with breast-conserving therapy should have their first post-treatment mammogram.
5. Identify the location of squamous cell cancer that is associated with an increased risk with cigarette smoking.
CPE Level: II
Learning Codes: 2100, 4040, 4180, 5150
Performance Indicators (RDN): 8.1.1 , 8.1.2 , 8.3.5, 8.3.6
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED CPEUs for only $75/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.