This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 12.00 CPEUs
Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) - Provider #21328, Activity #142832 approved for 12 CPEUs.
CPEU Course Description
This comprehensive CPEU course provides dietitians / nutritionalists working with the HIV-infected population guidelines for best practices for providing care to persons living with HIV/AIDS.
Article Author: Susa Coffey, MD, et al.; U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Exam writer: Tiev LaGuire, M.S.
Brooke H. Dekofsky, MPH, RD, CLE, CDE was involved in the creation of this course.
CPEU Course Objectives
1. Enumerate the most common morphologic changes seen in lipohypertrophy.
2. Investigate, of the statin drugs, which is the least affected by most PIs.
3. Examine what is important to test for due to the complexity of HBV diagnosis and test interpretation.
4. Identify risk factors for renal disease in HIV-infected patients.
5. Provide the target blood pressure for patients with hypertension and proteinuria.
6. Describe the clinical presentations of thrush that are common in people with HIV.
CPE Level: II
Learning Codes: 3070, 4040, 5250, 5270
Performance Indicators (RDN): 8.1.1 , 8.3.1 , 8.3.6 , 8.3.7
Performance Indicators (NTDR): 8.1.1 , 8.3.1 , 8.3.6 , 8.3.7
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED CPEUs for only $75/year?
Click Here to learn more.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.